Personality types refer to a set of traits and characteristics that define individuals’ behavior and thinking. These types are considered a constant feature of thought, emotions, and behavior and may affect how a person deals with different situations.
There are several theories about personality types.
We begin with the following question to determine the personality type: Where do you draw your energy and activity from?
Extravert or Social Personality Traits
- Gains motivational energy from those around him, from outside himself by interacting with the external world, with self not playing such an active role, it is easy to understand and blend with due to his social interactions
- Extraverts make friends easily.
- Speaks up in large gatherings, without fear of embarrassment.
- Extraverts reach decisions quickly.
- Thinks out loud.
- Learns by trying and failing.
- Understands life by engaging in experiences.
- Hesitates between acting then thinking and returning again to action.
Introvert Personality Traits
- Gains motivational energy from within.
- The original world for him is one of ideas, meanings, and understanding.
- The introverted personality is difficult to understand.
- Shyness is a fundamental trait of introverts.
- Hesitates between thinking and acting, then returning to thinking in the end.
- Learns by observing, and lives life only when understood.
- Reflects on thoughts before verbalizing them.
- Needs time to think before making a decision.
- Has a great ability to concentrate.
- Calm in the presence of large gatherings.
- Friends are few and select.
- Feels led by others.
- Desires privacy.
– Now, dear reader, are you an extrovert or an introvert? Discover your traits in a real, practical way.
How do humans make decisions?
Typically, decisions are made through:
- Rational facts, thereby being a rational thinker.
- Or through principles and values, from the heart, thus being an emotional poet.
Thus, decisions are made either through the mind or through the heart
We all are thinkers when we do the right thing regardless of feelings, for example, when we buy only one garment of a certain color because there is no need for another of the same color.
And we also are emotional when we buy something just because we love it, without any logical reason.
Benefits of Studying Personality Types
- Understanding oneself
- Understanding others
- Recognizing our innate nature created by Allah.
- Understanding the differences between people.
- Positive interaction.
Steps to Benefit from the Science of Personality Types
Understanding and recognizing information about oneself and its truth, understanding oneself, how to develop and improve flaws, understanding others, and recognizing individual differences.
Meaning self-acceptance and accepting others if you realize that there are individual differences among people, then you will accept their behaviors that may be unusual for you.
Living with and accepting your nature and the nature of others that may be different.